IEEE ICC 2020 Workshop on Blockchain
IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2020)
Cyber-physical systems (CPSs) combine physical objects or systems with integrated computing facilities and data storage. Such cyber-physical systems can be interconnected in networks, within which they can exchange and share data and information with other objects and systems. However, the current centralized architecture models in CPS and also more general Internet of Things (IoT) systems will struggle to scale up to meet the demands of future CPSs.
To solve these issues, the decentralized and consensus-driven Blockchain and the combination of cryptographic processes behind it can offer an intriguing alternative. For many researchers, the blockchain technology has been seen as one of the most important innovations since the Internet and even of this century. However, it is still in its infancy. Moreover, the combination with CPS/IoT still requires essential insights with respect to concrete application domains, scalability, privacy issues, performance, and potential financial benefits.
This workshop will elaborate and emphasize the key aspects of use of blockchain for IoT and CPS applications, and will provide the opportunity for the researchers across the globe to share their latest research on emerging use cases on blockchain for IoT and CPSs.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Novel applications of blockchains for IoT and CPSs
- Experimental evaluations of blockchain-based IoT and CPSs
- Optimization for addressing scale and latency issues that are inherent in traditional blockchains
- Lightweight protocols and algorithms for blockchains in IoT and CPSs
- Solutions for addressing security and privacy concerns in blockchain-based IoT and CPSs
- Novel theoretical concepts in blockchain for IoT and CPSs
- New consensus mechanisms geared for IoT and CPSs
- Use cases of blockchains for smart cities, smart grids, smart transportation E-health,
- Use of Smart contracts for IoT and CPSs
- Blockchain based security frameworks for IoT
- Anonymity and privacy solutions for blockchain based IoT and CPS applications
- Testbeds, experiments related to blockchain based IoT and CPS
- Workshop paper submission deadline : February 1, 2020
- Workshop paper decision date : February 28, 2020
- Camera-ready due : March 13, 2020
- Accepted and presented technical papers will be published in the IEEE ICC 2020 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore®.